Our Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM), Millicent, is progressing well on her journey westbound towards our Carnwath Road site in Fulham. We have completed over 300m of the tunnel and have completed over 160 segment rings to line the tunnel. We are also preparing to launch our second TBM, Ursula, eastbound towards our Chambers Wharf site in Bermondsey later this year. As with Millicent, the first part of the tunnelling is slow and steady to enable us to get her in the correct position so we can then start to build in the tunnel behind her. Tunnelling of both machines involves both moving the machine forward, and creating the tunnel itself which means that the movement per day depends on the stage of the process we’re completing. On average, we’ll still 11 rings per TBM per day, but some days we’ll do more, and some days we’ll do less.
As we are now in the tunnelling phase of construction, we are required to work 24 hours a day 7 days a week
The date for our next CLWG for this site will be on Thursday 13th June 2019, at our Kirtling Street site from 18:00 - 20:00.
Previous minutes are available upon request, please contact the Tideway Helpdesk on 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected]
- There is a noise enclosure over the tunnel drive shaft as we have started works
- All static machinery and plant is screened or enclosed
- Hoarding has been erected on the site boundaries
- Vehicle movements outside of standard hours are restricted
- Use of low level directional lighting
- The excavated material handling area will be enclosed
- Timber fenders will be installed on the jetty
- Acoustic barriers will be installed on the jetty
- Call our 24 hour Tideway Helpdesk 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected]
- Take a moment to read the latest updates on the noticeboards on our hoardings.
- Email our dedicated Community Relations teams available to answer your questions or meet with you, via [email protected]
- Join our regular Community Liaison Working Group meetings, to attend the meetings or receive the minutes and presentations from past meetings, email [email protected].