Celebrating the life and times of the River Thames
Sunday, 23rd September, 2018 – 10am to 5pm
Putney Embankment and Shadwell Basin Outdoor Activity Centre
Join us for a free, family festival to celebrate and enjoy London’s iconic waterway, the River Thames. Taking place in two locations across London, the Foreshore Festival offers you the chance to try stand-up paddleboarding (SUP), kayaking and rowing – or get down onto the foreshore for beach combing sessions to explore hundreds of years of history buried in the river banks or find out about the fragile river ecosystem and it’s threats. Whatever your interest in the river is, there’ll be something for you.
- The festival is a free, family open day for all
- You can come down and find out more about your River
- There will be sports events and taster sessions – Stand up paddle boarding, kayaking and rowing
- Foreshore activities – anti-plastic awareness activities, beach combing and river dipping
- River safety demonstrations – local blue light services showing off River safety craft.
Come down to the river at Putney or Shadwell to find out what the Foreshore Festival is all about!
Now select your location…
The Foreshore Festival is part of Totally Thames 2018 that runs from 1-30 September