Where: Shadwell Basin Outdoor Activity Centre
When: 23rd Sept, all day.
What’s going on?
- Active Row Regatta – A schools event run by London Youth Rowing, as part of Tideway’s Active Row Programme. This novel rowing event will take rowing out of its comfort zone seeing young people from local Secondary Schools race up and down the river in a format you’ll have never seen! To find out more about Active Row and which schools are racing check out the London Youth Rowing website
- Shadwell Basin Outdoor Activity Centre - The host venue is a great place to get active! For more info visit: www.shadwell-basin.co.uk
- Canoe, Kayak, Sail and climb - Come along to join in with a festival of the River and learn to Canoe, Kayak, Sail (on the Basin) and climb. 5 years old, sign up on the day with Shadwell Basin OAC: www.shadwell-basin.co.uk
- Take Kayaking to the river – Tower Hamlets Canoe Club are running river sessions
- Rowing – Try your hand at fixed seat rowing with London Youth Rowing, for ages 11+, sign up here.
River plastic clean-up - Thames21 are running riverside sessions to help Londoners understand the Thames better. Take part in river dipping to find out what animals live in the local stretch of river and find out what challenges they face. Perfect for families and all ages. – all you need to do is turn up! For more info visit: www.thames21.org.uk/thames-river-watch.
- Blue light river services - Find out more about your local RNLI and Fire Services – See and speak to the people who keep us all safe. Find out how to be safe and responsible on the river banks.
Free Tideway boat tour - Tideway is offering spaces on its acclaimed boat tour. The trip on a Thames Clipper will take you to the Tideway sites along the river from Canary Wharf Pier to Westminster departing at 10:30. Come see the #SuperSewer. Please book your place by emailing [email protected]
Explore the Thames foreshore with MOLA – Meet archaeology experts from MOLA’s Thames Discovery Programme, handle fascinating artefacts found on the Thames foreshore, and take a guided walk along London’s longest open-air archaeological site. For more info and sign up visit: MOLA events
- #SuperSewer pop-up – Learn all about Tideway and its huge Tunnel Boring Machines with our interactive VR, Model TBMs, and hear from the people building this incredible tunnel under London
- Food and refreshment – There’ll be street food and drink along the foreshore, along with street music, fun and games.