These two areas will be connected via a pipe constructed under the foreshore. The shaft is required to transfer sewage flows from the combined sewer overflows to the main tunnel.
Once construction is complete there will be new public space extending into the foreshore providing a new area of foreshore for Londoners to enjoy the river Thames. Following the end of our works, the Thames path will also be reinstated.
Diversion at Albert Embankment
To facilitate our construction at Albert Embankment we have diverted the Thames path at this location. During this time pedestrians are required to use the footpath along the main road rather than the riverside route between Vauxhall Bridge and Tintagel House. The new route is well signposted and clearly marked.
Access to the Foreshore
Our works require us to stop access to the River Thames foreshore next to Camelford House, known as 'Lack's Dock'. Although access to this area has always been private, there is now a physical barrier in place to prevent access to an active construction site. If you require access to the foreshore, please call us on 08000 30 80 80 for more information.
Albert Embankment Foreshore
Works at our Albert Embankment Foreshore site are progressing well. We have completed excavation of our drop shaft to a final depth approximately 50m below ground.
To complete and secure the shaft, we need to construct a 3m deep reinforced concrete base slab at the bottom of the structure. To construct this slab, we will continuously pour 800m3 of concrete, ensuring a consistent quality. This will require approximately 100 concrete lorries coming to site during this time.
If you would like to receive works updates via email, please contact [email protected].
What are our working hours?
Standard Working Hours
08:00 - 18:00 Monday - Friday
08:00 - 13:00 Saturday
Extended Working Hours
We currently have extended working hours for piling on the interception chamber, muck away activities and permanent works
08:00 - 22:00 Monday - Friday
08:00 - 18:00 Saturday
We are currently working 24 hours a day from Monday to Thursday as we work within the shaft and connection culvert
We hold regular drop-in sessions for residents close to our Albert Embankment site. The date of our next meeting will be announced soon.
Our most recent drop in session was held in November 2019.
- All static machinery and plant is screened or enclosed
- The excavated material handling area is enclosed
- Hoarding has been erected on the site boundaries
- Footpath diversions are clearly signposted
There are lots of ways to find out what’s happening at this site, you can:
- Call our 24 hour Tideway Helpdesk 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected]
- Take a moment to read the latest updates on the noticeboards on our hoardings.
- Email our dedicated Community Relations teams available to answer your questions or meet with you, via [email protected]
- Join our regular Community Liaison Working Group meetings, to attend the meetings or receive the minutes and presentations from past meetings, email [email protected].