Blackfriars Bridge Foreshore
Works at our Blackfriars Foreshore site are progressing well. Works have begun to construct the shaft inside the western area of our cofferdam. We have excavated to 25m, and which point we have paused works in this area as we wait for Ursula, our eastbound tunnel boring machine, to pass directly underneath our shaft.
In the eastern section of our cofferdam, we are progressing with the construction of the floated culvert, a structure that will connect the existing sewer overflow to our interception chamber, parts of which will be pre-fabricated off site and assembled here at Blackfriars in the first week of November.
In early December, we will begin breaking up large concrete blocks using an excavator with a breaker attachment. The concrete blocks have been removed from the river wall underneath Blackfriars Bridge to accommodate our new floating culvert. The broken blocks will be loaded onto a muck away barge and removed from site by river.
If you would like to receive works updates via email, please contact [email protected].
What are our working hours?
Standard Working Hours
08:00 - 18:00 Monday - Friday
08:00 - 13:00 Saturday
Extended Working Hours
We are currently working the following hours in both cofferdams
07:00 - 18:00 Monday - Friday
07:00 - 13:00 Saturday
There is a one hour mobilisation period before and after Standard Working Hours, plus maintenance periods on Saturday 1-5pm and Sundays 10am-4pm.
If you would like to meet our team to discuss progress and updates, please contact [email protected]
- All static machinery and plant is screened or enclosed
- The excavated material handling area has been enclosed
- Vehicle movements are strictly limited to set times and coordinated to ensure that no lorries queue outside of the site
- Footpath diversions are clearly signposted
- Hoarding has been erected on the site boundaries
- Wherever possible, push (silent) piling has been used during the construction of Millennium Pier
There are lots of ways to find out what’s happening at this site, you can:
- Call our 24 hour Tideway Helpdesk 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected]
- Take a moment to read the latest updates on the noticeboards on our hoardings.
- Email our dedicated Community Relations teams available to answer your questions or meet with you, via [email protected]
- Join our regular Community Liaison Working Group meetings, to attend the meetings or receive the minutes and presentations from past meetings, email [email protected].