Blackfriars Bridge Foreshore
At our Blackfriars Bridge Foreshore site, the team have started excavating the 53m deep shaft within the western cofferdam, a structure built out into the river to provide a dry working area. Before excavation could begin, the team installed auger piles around the shaft perimeter to give the area its shape. A concrete capping beam was then installed on top of the piles to secure the top of the piles in place and allow the team to excavate down.
In the eastern cofferdam, closer to the bridge, the team are preparing to construct a connection culvert, a concrete structure that will connect the fleet sewer overflow to our new shaft. Once constructed in the cofferdam, this will be floated out on the river to connect to the overflow point that sits under Blackfriars Bridge. The team have installed bearing piles that form the structure on which the culvert will be constructed.
What are our working hours?
Standard Working Hours
08:00 - 18:00 Monday - Friday
08:00 - 13:00 Saturday
Extended Working Hours
We are currently working the following hours in both cofferdams
07:00 - 18:00 Monday - Friday
07:00 - 13:00 Saturday
There is a one hour mobilisation period before and after Standard Working Hours, plus maintenance periods on Saturday 1-5pm and Sundays 10am-4pm.
If you would like to meet our team to discuss progress and updates, please contact [email protected]
- All static machinery and plant is screened or enclosed
- The excavated material handling area has been enclosed
- Vehicle movements are strictly limited to set times and coordinated to ensure that no lorries queue outside of the site
- Footpath diversions are clearly signposted
- Hoarding has been erected on the site boundaries
- Wherever possible, push (silent) piling has been used during the construction of Millennium Pier
There are lots of ways to find out what’s happening at this site, you can:
- Call our 24 hour Tideway Helpdesk 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected]
- Take a moment to read the latest updates on the noticeboards on our hoardings.
- Email our dedicated Community Relations teams available to answer your questions or meet with you, via [email protected]
- Join our regular Community Liaison Working Group meetings, to attend the meetings or receive the minutes and presentations from past meetings, email [email protected].